The ACP is the preeminent voice of continuity professionals. We provide continuing professional development, knowledge, and career opportunities to members while building public understanding around the world of the importance of continuity planning.
Everything we do professionally and as an organization is dedicated to protecting lives, safeguarding businesses, and fostering community resiliency.
Our chapter serves all areas of the state and encompasses a variety of agencies and industries.
See our Linked In page for additional information.
Meetings are held on from 1:00-3:00 PM on the second Thursday of odd-numbered months.
Guest speakers cover the gamut of contingency planning issues, and with the multi-disciplinary expertise of chapter members, professional networking and knowledge sharing is also an important part of the meeting. Guests are always welcome!
Rob Burton will present on Developing Impactful Tabletop Exercises.
Go To Meeting Access:
Phone: (571) 317-3122 Access Code: 480-714-469#
Rob is a Principal at PreparedEx where he manages a team of crisis preparedness professionals and has over 20 years of experience preparing for and responding to crises. During his career Rob has worked for the US State Department’s Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program, as a crisis management consultant in Pakistan and Afghanistan where he negotiated with the UN and Pashtun tribal warlords and he served with the United Kingdom Special Forces where he operated internationally under hazardous covert and confidential conditions. Rob was also part of a disciplined and prestigious unit The Grenadier Guards where he served Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at the Royal Palaces in London. Rob was a highly trained and experienced infantryman serving in Desert Storm and commanded covert operational teams and was a sniper. Rob has keynoted disaster recovery conferences and participated in live debates on FOX News regarding complex security requirements and terrorism. Rob has a Queen’s Commendation for Bravery. Rob recently formed The International Crisis Management Conference which hosts an annual conference in New England.
- Opportunities to network locally to share best practices
- Network with people from public, private, and non-profit sectors
- Access to international and national thought leadership
- Integration with local emergency management offices
Career Development & Growth
- Earn credit for continuing education
- Access to job board postings
- National speakers bureau
- Leadership opportunities at chapter and national levels
- Relevant and cutting edge programs
- Education and training at low or no cost
- Online and offline resources
- Chapter and National Webinars
- Access to national ACP corporate website resources
- Significant discounts for conferences, trainings, and trade publications