No pictures to show
This session covers the topic of governance in a way that can be easily applied to ACP chapter management. Governance is mostly about understanding organizational rules and requirements and acting in accordance with those rules at the appropriate time. Feedback from ACP chapter leaders identified governance training as a priority. All chapter leaders are encouraged to attend or review the recording of this session. After this session attendees will have reviewed:
· The key governance documents of associations and how they are used in decision making
· The primary duties of boards and why these types of rules are needed
· Annual planning cycles and how the board can address
· How to engage new volunteers in the governance process
· Questions and discussions of how to handle governance challenges
This session will be presented by Jim Booth, MSM, CAE. Jim is the former interim executive director of ACP and has served associations and nonprofits for 40 years. He is a Certified Association Executive and a strategic planning facilitator.
Become an ACP member at any time!
3739 National Drive, Suite 202
Raleigh, NC 27612